Mission: Faith in Action
The Presbyterian Church in Orland Park participates in local, national and international mission work. We aim to be thoughtful and caring partners within our larger community and to demonstrate God’s love by offering our time, talents, and resources to those in need seven days a week.
The following are many of the missions that we support financially or support with direct involvement of our church members.
- Presbyterian Church of the USA mission budget that supports missionaries, doctors, educators and evangelists around the world.
- One Great Hour of Sharing is one of our major mission contributions each year. One Great Hour of Sharing contributions go towards disaster and hunger assistance, and self-development of people and communities.
- Peacemaking Offering to aid areas of the world where religious, cultural or territorial conflicts exist, and to bring people closer together.
- Feed My Starving Children supplies packaged meals for starving children and adults. Members of our church have volunteered to help package meals that are sent to areas of need around the world. Our annual Chili Cook-Off fundraiser supports Feed My Starving Children.
- Appalachia Service Project is a mission that serves families that are in desperate need of housing repairs in order to be warm and dry. Our high school youth and their leaders have served at ASP for over a decade.
- Dakota Project is a mission that serves the children on the Native American reservation in Sisseton, South Dakota. Members have traveled to South Dakota for several years in support of summer programs.
- Christmas Joy Offering supports servants of the church who are in need of financial aid. It also supports students who attend racial or ethnic schools and colleges.
- Jones Center in Chicago Heights is supported with our financial gifts throughout the year and members volunteer to host the annual Christmas party.
- Morning Star Mission in Joliet is supported with our financial gifts. In past years, we have also collected new hats and socks for adults and children to support the ministry of Morning Star Mission.
- Camp Scholarship program sends underprivileged children to enjoy summer camping at the Chicago Presbytery Youth Camp.
- Reach for a Star program allows the church family to purchase gifts at Christmastime for children from Kemmerer Village. Kemmerer Village helps the Presbyterian Church fulfill its responsibility to minister to children and families who face stress and turmoil in their lives.